‘The Daily Wrap:’ GGP, Wal-Mart, Macy’s
The Club’s Mobile Application from General Growth Properties (GGP) allows users
to access exclusive promotions, the best discounts, mall event information and more at 150-plus GGP malls across the country.
Android and iPhone users can download the free application and customize their preferences so their favorite or local GGP mall’s information is displayed, including the store directory and mall map.
E-commerce & Multichannel Retailing
Research & Stats
- Holiday shoppers spent more online than in-store the week of November 1-6.
- U.S. retail and service sales for October 2010 were $373.1 billion, an increase of 1.2% from the previous month, and 7.3% more than October 2009. [pdf]
- Gen Xers cut costs.
- 91% of US adults would not return to a business where their personal info was stolen. [pdf]
- Americans are of two minds on trade.
- Survey reveals women fall for killer heels.
- "The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks" by Rebecca Skloot is number one on the Amazon.com editors’ picks for the top books of 2010.
- A new, more collaborative way of working is replacing the often adversarial relationship between manufacturers and retailers.