T-Mobile Daily Deals, Nickelodeon Partners with Wal-Mart, McDonald’s Eyes Bosnia
T-Mobile USA has unveiled an Android application that will aggregate daily deals by location from a variety of sources, including the established social couponing company LivingSocial, according to the New York Times.
The app, called More for Me, features group deals across a variety of categories, including upscale meals, health and beauty services, clothing offers, concert tickets, cooking classes and outdoor activities.
- Nickelodeon will introduce the first products from its live-action comedy series Victorious exclusively into Wal-Mart stores in the U.S. and Canada.
- Dairy Queen has teamed up with Build-A-Bear Workshop to debut the Blizzard Bears Collection on June 17.
- The first McDonald’s restaurant will open in Sarajevo, the capital city of Bosnia and Herzegovina in Q3 2011, and will be followed by additional restaurants.
Environmental & ‘Green’
- Ahold USA will deploy EfficiencySmart Insight, EnerNOC’s web-based enterprise energy efficiency solution, in the majority of its Stop & Shop, Giant Food of Maryland, and Giant/Martin’s grocery stores.
Stats & Research
- According to PriceGrabber survey data, 49% of back-to-school shoppers plan to make purchases in August, compared to 38% who said that in 2010.
- Preliminary results of the latest National Retail Security Survey show that retail shrinkage increased to 1.58% of retail sales in 2010, up from 1.44% in 2009.
- According to The NPD Group, consumers are still using DVDs and Blu-ray Disc to watch movies more than all digital video options combined.
Business & Finance
- One anchor of Apple's success is surprisingly low tech: its chain of brick-and-mortar retail stores, says the Wall Street Journal.
- Copley Place, an upscale shopping center in Boston’s Back Bay neighborhood, is adding four new stores to its retail line-up, including a Coach men’s concept store.